Have you ever suffered the panic of a weak or dead car battery? You’ll know what a disappointment it is. If the battery dies for no obvious reason, it may be time for a replacement. Like any other battery, car batteries need to be replaced when they begin to wear out. Here is some battery fact that may help you decide if you need to replace the battery:
- The battery is a very important part of all cars. Car batteries are prepared in diverse in qualities. A high-quality battery can last for over five years with appropriate care. However, battery breakdown can occur in as little as three years, depending on the handling, upholding and seasonal temperatures. Frequent drain, such as forgetting to turn off your lights, can be a reason for battery to stop working much earlier.
- Untimely battery breakdown can be caused by faulty charging systems that cause the battery to be over, or under-charged. Other electrical error can also contribute to unpredictable breakdown. If you are having battery or other electrical error, get your vehicle checked by your mechanic without delay. This may avoid total replacement of your battery along with your repair.
- New vehicles are prepared with a number of on-board computers that manage and watch various systems. These often put a constant tiny drain on batteries even when the car is parked. It can mean that when the car is kept standing for long hours, the battery can slowly discharge.
- For the DIY person, make sure you get the accurate battery for your vehicle’s arrangement. Depending on the level of apparatus attached, the battery requirement can differ. It may help to make a note of the brand and model numbers on the present battery. However, be conscious that if it’s not the original battery, it might not even be the accurate battery for the car. You can ensure the owner’s manual, and most parts stores have index books. Check with your mechanic or a professional when in doubt.
- More and more cars now come with “Stop-Start” technology. This significantly helps drive down fuel use, saving you money on fuel and lowering the impact of driving on the environment. “Stop-Start” technology increase demands on car batteries. These batteries are specially designed for hybrids and all electrical cars and they need to be exceptional ordered or replaced by your vehicle, certified tech can cost moderately a bit more; however the advantage is saved gas.
Bring your car to Brake-O-Rama today for a free car battery inspection. Brake-O-Rama can help you achieve better car performance. Call Brake-O-Rama’s friendly staff at 888-750-7035 to set up an appointment.